Tuesday, October 29, 2013

31 Weeks and more...

Yesterday we went in for my doctors appointment.  I'm currently 31 weeks along.  My appointments will be on the odd weeks until I start going in once a week. They got thrown off a few weeks ago when my doctor had to head up to the hospital to deliver another baby the morning of my appointment.

I had to snicker a bit when he put the gel on my stomach, put the doppler right in the middle of the gel and there it was, Kaylee's heartbeat.  Each time we've went in, she's been laying just perfectly for him to easily catch her heartbeat.  He even commented about how she lays just perfectly each time.

Since we're getting down to the 'final weeks', we started discussing when he wanted me to come in,  At my 35 week appointment, we will do an 'informal ultrasound' to check and see if she is head down. There is still a chance of her flipping after that point (Luke did), but we're going to attempt preventative maintenance and prevent another breech since he won't deliver that way and I don't want a c-section.  I'm so excited to get to see my baby girl again and I can't wait to actually get to hold her in my arms for the first time.   

After my doctors appointment we headed over to the stores to grab milk and a few other things we needed.  Since the train was running through town we pulled into Burger King and got some lunch.  It gave the overly long train time to pass.  Once we were done with Lunch we headed over to the store, grabbed the few things we needed and headed home.


This morning I woke up to a pat on my leg.  Since its been later in the morning before the sun comes up, I figured it was still between 7:30 and 8:00, then all of a sudden, Luke gagged.  Being well rounded right now, it normally takes me a little work to get out of bed...not this morning.  I sat up, snatched Luke and ran for the bathroom.  He looked at me like I was crazy.  I made him go potty while Alex checked his bed to see if he'd thrown up.  No sign of any mess so I sent him back to bed and I laid down since it was only 6:15.  I couldn't go back to sleep though, I just listened...and listened...and 30 minutes later, here he was, standing by the side of our bed and then it happened, he 'frew up'.  So glad we caught it.  We started talking about it and Alex's stomach was upset too.

Rewind to yesterdays and start reviewing what food they both ate but I hadn't...because I was feeling fine.  Burgerking...chicken nuggets.  Alex had mentioned they were sub-par and I'd noticed that they weren't real hot when I grabbed the boxes off the tray.  Really?  This isn't the first time we've had problems with getting sick after eating there, normally Luke isn't throwing up though.  It made me start asking myself, were they really hot enough?  How long have they been sitting there?  Obviously it was too long because they were barely warm well below the safety temperature of 140 degrees.

Our morning went on, Luke throwing up, and Alex not feeling great.  We had also realized that Alex phone was flooded with emails because our servers at the office were losing internet every few minutes.  He called comcast and scheduled an appointment for noon and him and Luke took a little snooze.  Once they woke up, Alex got ready to go and Luke was begging for something to drink.  After about half an hour of holding things down I gave him a tiny sip of water and some soda crackers to nibble on.  He held it down so I gave him a little more.  You could finally see the color coming back into his face and his energy slowly resumed.  After nearly two hours of holding everything down I warmed up some chicken noodle soup and he held that down.

Alex had gone over to the office and two hours later, Comcast still hadn't shown up...and then he got a call from my mom.  They were at their house where our backup server is.  Uggg really?  So he called back in and they said they'd be here between 'now and 4pm'.  At this point, he's hungry, Luke is acting totally normal, and mommy, is totally exhausted and tired of trying to get him to stay in one place in case it all came back up again.

Alex headed home real quick to get lunch and pick us up.  I gated Luke in his room with a color book and some crayons to keep him busy and prayed that he wouldn't lose it...it had been three hours at that point.  We all came over to the office and you'd never known Luke had been sick, he's been sitting here drawing for hours now. He's getting quite good at drawing stick people and faces.

He drew this face all on his own.

Its almost time to head home and we're all exhausted...well everyone but Luke, but I say its going to be an early bedtime tonight, lets see if we can actually make it happen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment