Tuesday, December 9, 2014

So Thankful

I have so much to be thankful for in my life.  November is a time where we all reflect on those things as Thanksgiving rolls around.  This year my heart truly has overflowed with gratitude for the blessings which we have. No, we aren't rich with money, but we are rich with the blessings we do have. 

When we moved here, our business grew faster than it ever did in Battle Ground.  When I got my job it made it harder to run the business but we did our best.  I thought about quitting my job but it was and is something I really enjoy doing.  After many nights of praying for guidance, we felt inspired to go for a drive one day.  A shop had just opened up in a building we'd previously looked at.  We were able to get in almost immediately and for a low monthly rent that we couldn't beat.  With in a month, we saw our income grow and it has continued to do so ever since. 

Back in October, our neighbor was getting rid of the old camper trailer that had been sitting on the property.  It was definitely not in good shape but a few guys who were kind of grungy came by and got it.  Alex wasn't feeling good so he went back to bed and I took the kids to church.  While sitting in the mother's room feeding Kaylee, I get a message from Alex saying the guys are back and wanting to place an offer on the property.  Our biggest problem was that they all smoked, which would give us migraines constantly.   The second was if they are willing to live in that mold infested trailer, what other junk were they going to going to bring with them?  And third, there is no water or sewer on that property so unless they were going to pull the trailers off all the time to fill and dump, they would probably try and use our trailer hookup for septic and water.  Alex and I both had a bad feeling about this so with a quick little prayer and felt inspired to finally put an offer in. 

In November, we saw our dreams coming true.  We signed the papers mid November and have started talking about building our dream home hopefully here in the next couple years.  One of the things we are hoping to do is move the business onto the property to lower our over all costs and pay things off quicker. 

The same day we signed on our new property, we also participated in a local bazaar that I organized at our local museum.  Alex and Luke had left and I had two ladies come in and nearly wipe out my clearance section with in a matter of minutes.  I meant to get pictures but balancing a baby and two tables full of candles made things a bit tough.  I do believe it was our best event yet. 

One of the things we've been wanting to do is computer classes.  We have been talking about it for over a year but we finally ordered our tables, chairs, and projector ceiling mount.  Our first class will be in December and from there we will continue to grow and expand the classes based on what our clients want to learn about.

As for now, I'm off to bed as I have another busy day ahead of us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment