Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Bigger by the day

On Monday as I was heading into work I heard my phone ding so I picked it up to find a voice mail but no missed call...so I called my voice mail to see who it was, "hi this is ____ from Grays Harbor Hospital calling to remind you about your ultrasound tomorrow, June 11th".  Um what?  My ultrasound wasn't until Tuesday, at least thats what the lady at my doctors office put on the paper.  Alex dropped me off at work and I started trying to get a hold of my doctors office to get the number for the hospital.  It took me calling over and over again but I finally reached someone who gave me their number.  When I called up to the hospital, the lady verified that it was on Tuesday and asked if that would still work...um, sure, I'll be there.  I was so excited Monday night that I had a hard time sleeping.  Actually, to be honest, there was a lot of anxiety mixed into the excitement which is what really kept me awake. 

Tuesday morning we got up and went up to the hospital.  I checked in and got everything needed filled out.  Lucky for us, there wasn't a long wait because I was anxious...not to mention the full bladder they make you have.  So we go into the room and get situated and she starts the ultrasound.  I can see the top of baby's head and I couldn't help but smile.  She checked on everything and then went to looking at baby.  She got a couple pictures for us and then started measuring...12w 1d. Oh wow, apparently one of two things have happened...baby is either slightly bigger than he/she is supposed to be, OR I'm a week ahead, which doesn't hurt my feelings.  A couple different times, baby would start waving at us.  At another point, you could see baby wiggling their toes.  She gave us a whole bunch of pictures to take home with us which made me totally happy, especially since you can see baby's toes in one of them. 




 You can kind of see baby's toes on the picture below.

When we got home I scanned all of them into my computer and let Luke pick out the one he wanted to put in a picture frame that GGma gave him when he was born.  We were kind of shocked when he pointed to one and said "heartbeat, baby".  He recognized the heartbeat lines from on the ultrasound screen.  We printed it off and put it in his frame which he likes to carry around and tell everyone "baby, heartbeat". 



Luke also loves to listen to the recording of his first heartbeat that we have now that he's heard baby's.  We're excited to find out what this little one is in Late July or early August.  We're also excited to welcome him/her into our family in December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment