Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Forever Grateful

The last six or so month have been rough.  Business dropped drastically about three months into this year and progressively declined.  About six months ago, one of our competitors moved just down the road from us but didn't move their google listing and we lost all our new customers.  Honestly I don't know how we survived but we were.  Thing are getting better since we moved but it takes time. 

Yesterday my Relief Society President called and asked if we could use a Thanksgiving dinner.  Since our plans had recently changed and we had been busy we hadn't gotten a turkey yet.  Yesterday afternoon she shows up to drop this 'Thanksgiving dinner' off at our home.  She grabbed a couple bags out of the pile in the back of her suburban, then few more, and a few more.  At this point I was trying hard not to cry.  I know with as few members as we have here in the winter they try to spend the budget so they don't lose it but this was about a months worth of food (if not more).  No one had a clue how we were doing but Heavenly Father did, and he blessed us. 


Often times we don't realize how our Heavenly Father is watching over us.  This morning as I laid in bed, I started thinking about all the trials we've had in these short three years.  Everyone says the first year of marriage is the hardest, if you can make it past that, things become easier.  Well I'd like to tell whom ever you are that started this rumor, IT JUST ISN'T TRUE.  Yes my husband lost his job one month into our marriage but we somehow did okay.  It wasn't till the second year that we his a few brick walls.  Both our marriage and our faith have been tested and yet, we have made it through.  Years ago I received a priesthood blessing, and in it, I was told that I would be given many trials, and as I bear the burdens faithfully, I would be blessed.  I am so grateful for these trials because they have made me stronger, they have made us stronger, and in the end, we have been, and will be blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment